MOTHER EARTH is a nonprofit organization that aims at the study and preservation of living beings and the environment.
If you'd like to see your project featured here, please send us information about the activity (in English) and good quality photos or videos. We look forward to your contribution!
Mother Earth organization started in Portugal and that is the reason the activities shown on this page are in Portugal. But this is going to change soon, as there are already people working in Brazil, Denmark, France, Germany, Mexico, Spain and the United Kingdom. Visit this page often to know about the work being done in those countries.
Project Mother Earth @ Schools: a photography exhibition and conferences motivate students and teachers to learn more about the problems faced by our Mother Earth.
Images from the photography exhibition. The beautiful photos are a support to the discussion of environmental threats and possible solutions.
Yes, it is a teaser to BBC One's "A celebration of Natural History with David Attenborough". It is also one of the most inspiring short videos ever made about our planet. Enjoy!
A group of volunteers gathered on the hills around the Stupa of Malhão in the Algarve, South of Portugal. They offered 2.000 seeds and their personal effort to plant those many Quercus Sobur trees, on behalf of Mother Earth. It was their way to help fighting Climate Change and Global Warming…
Lisbon 21st September 2014, the People’s Climate March. Reports what happened in Rossio, Lisbon as people from all over the world came out to the streets to demand a change in politics to prevent worldwide disaster in climate change. For our Mother Earth.
A team of volunteers gathered at Palmela to clean up the forrest trails at Serra do Louro. An initiative of Mother Earth Portugal and the Palmela City Hall
This video tells the story of a bunch of friends who got together to celebrate Peace Day and to demonstrate their care about the climate change, the preservation of the environment and a healthy way of living. Dedicated to our planet - the Mother Earth.
Mother Earth volunteers get interviewed about the work of Mother Earth in the island of Madeira (in Portuguese).
Mother Earth aims towards the Biosphere preservation, in particular, the preservation of living beings that struggle to survive in the current adverse environmental conditions.
Mother Earth considers fundamentally important to develop public awareness activities focusing on the mutual respect and the Right to Live of all living beings.
Address: Rua Conde de Almoster, 106 12ºD
Telephone: (+351) 920 163 145
Google Plus: Mother Earth Portugal
Facebook: Mother Earth Portugal
Facebook: Mother Earth Portugal - Madeira Islands
• Through Donations:Donations are essential to the development of the activities of Mother Earth since the release of its activity in Portugal through actions. Thus, any amount, however small it may be, is a valuable aid.
• Join this cause:Being a friend of Mother Earth will enable, through a small monthly contribution, Mother Earth to have the financial stability to expand its activities. As a friend of Mother Earth you can follow the work and be aware that even if you can't dedicate time and attention as you would like, you will help automatically every month.
• Become a VolunteerThe work of volunteers is essential to the activities of the Association. If you think you can contribute in areas such as communications, audio / video, cleaning forest, computer support, translation, support diverse communities, divulgation and other things, please send an email to MotherEarthPT@gmail.com. Your help is precious!
Mother Earth – aims at developing a diverse set of activities towards the awareness and education of the general public.
As such, Mother Earth is focused on:
1. Encouraging the reduction of water and electricity consumption.
2. Encouraging recycling and sorting of garbage.
3. Encouraging the recycling of electronic devices.
4. Developing awareness on car usage, and encouraging carpooling and the development of public transportation.
5. Encouraging toy recycling. 6. Encouraging the recycling and donation of clothes.
7. Encouraging the integral usage of organic produce
8. Encouraging the use of bio and organic produce.
9. Organising campaigns for cleaning forests and beaches.
10. Encouraging the development of community gardens, and plantation of trees in urban areas.
11. Organising volunteer actions integrating, in particular, children, elders, unemployed, inmates, and physically challenged people.
12. Organising public awareness campaigns for the reduction on animal consumption, reducing its slaughter.
13. Encouraging public awareness towards respecting planet Earth and all its living creatures.